For every humor piece the big guys publish, many are rejected. At least some of that must be worth reading, right? Glad you agree.
The Reject Pile wants to help your humor writing see the light of day. If it makes us laugh, it will probably make others laugh too, and we’d like to facilitate that. The thought of so much humor sitting in digital desk drawers collecting digital dust keeps us awake at night. We want to publish these huddled masses of humor.
The surest way to learn what we’re looking for is probably to read the past work, but here are a few guidelines:
- Conceptual humor, satire, open letters, lists, etc. Personal essays will be kept to a minimum or not published at all, unless they are amazing.
- Comics and cartoons also welcomed.
- Sub-1000 words (though a bit longer isn’t out of the question).
- Must not have been previously published – anywhere.
- Paste your submission into the body of the email (no attachments, please).
- Despite the name, prior rejection isn’t a strict prerequisite.
Submit your short humor piece to submit[at]rejectpile.com
All other questions and inquiries: info[at]rejectpile.com